Pomegranate Glazed Filet Mignon with Harissa Steak Sauce
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 45 minutes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
IngredientsHarissa Steak Sauce
- ½ tablespoon ground coriander seeds
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin seeds
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chile paste
- 2 tablespoons chives minced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry or cider vinegar
- 4 Walmart Choice Premium Filet Mignon Steaks
In a medium sauce pan, combine pomegranate glaze ingredients and cook over medium heat, reduce mixture by 30 percent. Then strain and cool the mixture, set aside.
Toast the caraway seeds, coriander seeds, cumin and garlic powder in a dry pan until fragrant. Add remaining Harissa Steak Sauce ingredients, except the chives, and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, remove from heat and let cool. Stir chives into finished sauce and set aside for serving with finished steak.
Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
Season the steak liberally with salt and pepper.
Grill the steaks over a medium high fire until lightly charred on one side, approximately 4 minutes. Flip the steak and baste with the pomegranate glaze. After an additional 2 minutes of cooking, baste the steak again. Dispose of any leftover glaze.
Remove the steak from the grill and allow to rest covered for 6 minutes.
Serve the steak with a side of the Harissa Steak Sauce.
- Credit: Recipe created by Chad Johnson of Bern’s Steak House in Tampa, Florida on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola®.