Pepper and Herb Crusted Flank Steak
- Yields: 6 Servings
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Prep time: 2 ¼ hours
- 1 Tbsp. rosemary freshly minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 flank steaks approximately 2 pounds each
- 2 tablespoons black pepper coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons tarragon freshly minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 cup thyme freshly minced
Add all seasonings together in a small bowl and mix well, forming a coarse paste. Spread paste evenly over both sides of each flank steak. Wrap each flank steak individually with GLAD® Cling Wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 12 hours.
Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling. Grill steaks directly over coals (approximately 450–500°F) for 5 minutes on each side. Internal temperature of steak should reach 140–150°F for medium rare to medium doneness.
For optimum tenderness, cut flank steaks across the grain into ¼ inch slices and serve.
The earthiness of the herbs paired with the mild fruitiness of the apple wood.
- Credit: Chris Lilly
- Credit: Recipe created by world champion pitmaster, Chris Lilly on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal.