Grilled Pork Chops with Apple-Cranberry Glaze
- Yields: 6 Servings
- Cook time: 16 minutes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups water
- 6 allspice berries (dry spice)
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme leaves (dry spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (dry spice)
- 1/16 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 6 bone-in pork chops or boneless loin chops, (1-inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
Mix brine ingredients and stir well. Place chops in brine and refrigerate for 12–24 hours.
In a small pan, add sauce ingredients and mix well. Heat until mixture is warm. Reserve 1/2 cup of sauce for plating.
Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling. Grill chops directly over coals (approximately 450°F) for 8 minutes on each side. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, baste both sides of the chops well with sauce. Internal temperature of chops should reach 150–155°F prior to removing from grill.
Drizzle reserve sauce over chops when serving, or serve warm on the side.
- Credit: Recipe created by world champion pitmaster, Chris Lilly on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal.