- 1 pound smoked pork (cooked and diced)
- 1 pound smoked chicken (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1½ cups ketchup
- 3 cups diced, peeled, cooked potatoes
- 3 (15- to 16-ounce) cans niblet corn
- 1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Johnny Harris Original barbecue sauce (to taste)
Put all the ingredients in a Dutch oven and place on the grill over medium-low heat. Cover and simmer until hot and bubbly, about 2 hours. Taste and add more salt and/or hot sauce as desired.
- Credit: From America’s Best BBQ: Revised and updated by Ardie Davis and Chef Paul Kirk, Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC.