BBQ University Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: BBQ U Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of The Clorox Company (“Sponsor”), Barbecue University™, Pit Barrel Cooker Co., HelloWorld, Inc. (“Administrator”), and any of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: The Clorox Company, 1221 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Floor 21, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on March 2, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on March 30, 2016 at 11:59 a.m. PT (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, visit www.kingsfordcharcoal.com.au and follow the links and instructions to complete the registration form including your first and last name, valid email address, and date of birth to confirm eligibility. Next, follow the links and instructions to upload a short essay (one thousand (1,000) characters maximum) describing why you deserve to get your BBQ PhD and attend BBQ U (herein your “Submission”). If you include personal information about any person in your Submission, you must have permission from the person. You will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Contest for your eligible Submission.
By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines, permissions, and content restrictions below:
- The Submission must not exceed one thousand (1,000) characters; and
- The Submission must be in English.
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from any individuals mentioned in the Submission to use their name in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. Minors’ personal information may only be included in the Submission if entrant is their parent or legal guardian. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
- The Submission must be the original work of the entrant;
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use and incorporate into his/her Submission; and
- The Submission must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous, or contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, or disparage Sponsor, its products or services, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest, or contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or is unlawful in any way.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant where it finds the post unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules, all in its sole discretion.
Limit: Each entrant may enter the Contest one (1) time per day during the Contest Period; however, each entry should be unique. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Sponsor’s Use of Your Submission: Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void.
7. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the potential winners from among all eligible Submissions received, based on an application of the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Creativity/Originality (33%);
- Quality of Submission (33%); and
- Fit to Contest Theme (34%)
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the higher score in the “Fit to Contest Theme,” as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner. The winner with the highest score will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. The winners with the next five (5) highest scores will be deemed the potential First Prize winners. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the stated number of winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions during the Contest Period.
8. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by email on or around April 4, 2016. The potential Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release (“Declaration”), which must be received by Administrator within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. Potential First Prize winners will be required to provide a valid mailing address (P.O. boxes not acceptable) which must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the required time period (as applicable), does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks after conclusion of the Contest.
9. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A trip for winner and a guest to Colorado Springs, CO from June 8, 2016 through June 11, 2016 to attend Barbeque University™ 2016. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Colorado Springs, CO; three (3) nights’ accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); full-size rental car for length of stay; attendance for two (2) at Barbeque University™ 2016; daily breakfast and lunch for two (2) (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); $300 Visa® gift card (terms and conditions apply); and travel agent services. If winner does not meet requirements for rental car, that portion of the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Winner must travel from June 8, 2016 through June 11, 2016 or prize will be forfeited. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure or a sibling/friend of winner with the appropriate parental permissions and releases and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if Barbeque University™ 2016 is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $3,755. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
FIVE (5) FIRST PRIZES: A thirty (30) gallon Steel Drum Grill and accessories; a 4.7 oz. All-Purpose Pit Rub; and a 4.7 oz. Beef and Game Pit Rub. ARV: $299.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
10. Release: By participating, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Barbecue University™, Pit Barrel Cooker Co., Administrator and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11. Publicity: Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
12. Ownership of Submission: Each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties, and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
13. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software, or lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) other errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with the Promotion, whether printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, mechanical, or human error or otherwise, which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing of entries or the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
15. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
17. Winners List: For a winners list, visit http://bit.ly/1KKwQIG. The winners list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2016 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.